About Me My Classroom Home Families Teaching In The Net Image Map












Tuesday, February 21, 2012

We LOVE Legos!!!

Not only do I teach technology classes at my school, but I'm also the technology club instructor as well. I wanted to try something different this week for tech club, and we have a contact with a company called Bricks 4 Kidz


It is a company that works with school systems (and I assume individual families) to provide play, challenge, and critical thinking activities using legos. I have to send out a little praise to Sharon Dodson, our local Bricks 4 Kidz representative/teacher. She did an awesome job with our kids yesterday!!! They got to make a windmill that actually worked. Some of the legos were typical ones, and others were technic bricks, which hooked up to a motor with a battery pack. I have not seen my technology club kids so quiet, interested, involved, and focused on something in so long. I am posting a few pictures and a video of one of the windmills. Hopefully the video will work. Please leave me a comment and let me know if it doesn't work for you. You can click on the Bricks 4 Kidz picture or link above to go to the website. You'll have to check your area of the country to see if there are places or representatives that you can take advantage of for your kids. It is well worth the LITTLE amount of money that it costs, and trust me, your kids will LOVE it!!! (I apologize for the video - I took it with my iphone and I can't figure out how to turn it upright. It's a sideways video! :( )







Here's the video (hopefully):

Have a great rest of your night...it's almost Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment