About Me My Classroom Home Families Teaching In The Net Image Map












Tuesday, February 14, 2012

OU/OW Word Work Freebie

I'm sorry I don't have a lot to post today. It's been a rough week. I had a parent "complain" to me and then to my boss over something that I had MINIMAL control over. I'm not in trouble or anything, but the complaint was completely ridiculous. PLUS, I am a problem-solver, a doer. I don't mind taking complaints, suggestions, constructive criticisms, etc. I take them pretty well actually. I LIKE to improve what it is I'm doing. If people don't complain every once in a while, you never know what to change. yada, yada, yada, I'm rambling.

Anyway, inspired by the *GREAT* Abby at The Inspired Apple, I created a document for my kids this week. We're working on ou and ow words (the "rough toughies" for those who teach Sitton spelling). I made a "Highlight a Word" page b/c I've used a page of Abby's in the past, and my kids loved it. She said that her kids loved using a highlighter. I teach sixth, seventh, and eighth graders, and they STILL love to use highlighters! Anyway, you can click on the picture below to get your FREE copy of the page!



Happy Valentine's Day ~ I hope everyone survived today, and I hope you're not in a sugar coma tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Miss Ashley, I gave you an award on my blog! :)

    Come check it out!

    -Staci
    Let's Teach Something

    ReplyDelete