About Me My Classroom Home Families Teaching In The Net Image Map












Wednesday, April 29, 2015

End of the Year Activities, Part 1

I just wanted to share some of the fun end of the year activities we've been doing lately. It's one of my favorite times of the year, not just because it's close to summer (and a little freedom!), but it's a more relaxed time of year. We are closing out all of our vocabulary lessons, summing up what we have learned, and finishing up writing projects. I also do a fun poetry unit at the end of the year. It's (again) more relaxed, less pressure.

Last year, I started doing The Pinspired Teacher's End of Year Countdown Activity Cards. I put the cards in balloons and hang them from the ceiling. I think I first saw this idea on Hope King's blog, and I loved it. When I saw the Pinspired Teacher's cards, it was a no-brainer.

We just started it Monday. We've had our Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament.


We kept it simple - best of 5 rounds. We did it at the end of class - it only took about 10 minutes!


Today, we read on top of our desks. I'm reading aloud Pay It Forward, and I only had one copy, so it was listening comprehension on their part. I ordered a class set of the books from Scholastic Reading Club and they came in yesterday, so I surprised them with their own books today in addition to changing up the reading format! They loved it!







I'll be back later to update you on all of our fun activities! I'm making up some little awards and printable to go with some of the activities we're doing (when it makes sense). I'll share them soon! Happy Hump Day!

Tomorrow is Friday for us. Since we live in Louisville, Kentucky, we get out of school for Oaks Day! Does anyone else have Friday off?

No comments:

Post a Comment