About Me My Classroom Home Families Teaching In The Net Image Map












Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Organizing Digital Files


Ok, this blog entry is going to be more of a discussion post than informational. I want to know how you all organize your digital files. I mean, I don't know how many of you download files from TPT on a DAILY basis like me, but I have a difficult time filing things in an organized way where I can easily find them later. Instinctively, I try to organize things into as few folders as possible, but when I try to find things later, I end up looking through a thousand files in one folder and I end up giving up looking for a file because it takes too long! I mean, you can only spend so long looking for one file!

This is a visual representation of what my digital files look like:

I was inspired by a pin from Cara at Kindergarten Boom Boom about how she organized her file folders and color-coded them! However, I don't have a Mac, so I don't have the ability to color-code. I WISH I did - that would be amazing. I would color-code my whole life if I could! :)

Therefore, I just want to hear from all of you (any of you??? Is anyone out there reading this?) about how you organize your files. Do you organize them by TPT seller? How do you organize fonts? By seasons? Type? What about fonts? Commercial use vs. personal use? By TPT seller?

Leave your thoughts in the comments below! Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment