About Me My Classroom Home Families Teaching In The Net Image Map












Sunday, March 15, 2015

Spring Blogger Meet-up 2015!

Wow! What a weekend! There were flood waters, choo-choo trains, good food, and that was just what my family and I did outside of the 2015 Spring Teacher Blogger Meet-up.  
 (Here's my son ready to go!)

I had the pleasure of attending the Blogger meet-up in French Lick, Indiana! It was an amazing experience! Not only did I get to see many bloggers that I stalk follow every week, but I got to meet so many amazing teachers/sellers/bloggers. It’s always so refreshing being in the same room as teachers who are invested in their students as I am. Teaching is a great profession, and I wouldn’t change it for anything, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not challenging as well. Being recharged by others helps! That is exactly what it did for me this weekend.
#springteacherbloggermeetup2015



Did I mention that I won something??? I won a $20 gift certificate to Crystal Springs Books gift certificate! I never win anything! I was so excited, and did I mention that every.single.teacher got an Erin Condren planner? OMG! It was like an Oprah moment. When Holly Ehle announced that Erin Condren was a sponsor and gave away one planner last year, and that she graciously donated again this year, we all thought it would be a surprise giveaway of one planner. Oh no! Holly screamed, “You get one, and you get one, and you get one.!!!” It was amazing!!!!
Thank you Erin Condren (and Holly)!

Thank you Crystal Springs Books!



There were other awesome sponsors as well Creative Teaching Press gave away some cute stickers. Vera Bradley and Lakeshore gave us some cute bags, because what teacher doesn’t need more bags to carry all of our shtuff? We got some cute Scentos markers and pens, and there was just more than enough. Again, I can’t thank Holly Ehle enough for organizing this weekend’s events. There was a pajama party Saturday night and a goodbye breakfast Sunday morning, but unfortunately, my son got sick and we had to head home after the afternoon meeting. But I still feel so lucky to have been a part of this event and getting to meet all of those amazing teachers. I am always in awe of them when I read their blogs and buy their products, but I was even more impressed with all of them in person. Greg Smedley-Warren was so much fun. Deedee Wills was hilarious. Deanna Jump was so kind and funny! Christina Decarbo was so generous and knowledgable about all things TPT. I learned so much! Thank you ladies, again and again and againI am recharged and ready to take all that I learned to my students! Isn’t that why we do all of this anyway? J

No comments:

Post a Comment